Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cinco De Mayo Eve!


So it is the eve to Cinco de Mayo, aka May 4th, and I'm sure excitement is astir. I know its one of my favorite holidays!

So entertainment news, I found newsworthy today:
  1. P. Diddy/Sean Combs/Puff Daddy...whatever you want to call him, well he likes to be called Sean Diddy Combs and chose that to be the name on his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He recieved it on Friday, and I believe its way past due. Congrats Diddy keep making pop culture hits!
  2. Iron Man debuted this weekend and grossed over $100 million stateside and a little under that worldwide totalling just over $200 million overall! Congrats to Iron Man. It debuted as the second highest grossing non sequal, which is pretty great!
  3. Son of Rambow didn't do so bad either for limited release making a little over $50,000. Not a number comparable to Iron Man but that is the distinction between the blockbusters and the underdogs. It will open in more areas in the upcoming weeks so check it out!
That's all my recapping for the weekend I believe! Cheer up because although tomorrow is Monday it issss also Cinco de Mayo, so grab a margarita or a quesadilla with salsa and celebrate!

No comments: