Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 Golden Globe Winners

The 2010 Golden Globes were a bit of a disappointment for me in terms of who won and who walked away empty handed. Albeit a pretty funny bit by Gervais and a nice ovation to Scorsese, the winners and their speeches were not in my favor. Yes, yes Avatar had amazing special affects and has been in the works so long that James Cameron definitely deserved to be recognized, but I would not have chosen it for picture of the year, and I would definitely not have given him best director which should have gone to Kathryn Bigelow for Hurt Locker. I also would have picked Carey Mulligan for best actress for her amazing performance in An Education and although I would have given it to Morgan Freeman before, after having watched Crazy Heart Jeff Bridges definitely earned his statue.

Overall just like the actual event, I thought the ceremony was a bit of a wash out. One of those televised events that is wonderful while watching and leaves a bad taste in your mouth after the results have come out...and now I see why Gervais was slowly putting away the pints while hosting.

No comments: