Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fast Cars & Freedom


One of the only tracks I had heard of by the Rascall Flatts before Thursday night, when I attended their concert at Madison Square Garden. As I am not a country music fan, I did not know what to expect of the night, with the hit group headlining and the newly turned country crooner former pop ditz Jessica Simspon opening.

The night started with a beautiful, and not at all "fat" as she has been called recently Simpson belting out powerful but breathy tracks from her new album and trying to bring in the love as a true southerner, accent and all. Although I wouldnt say she was a bad performer by any means, I perferred the old chicken of the sea version of Jessica and her overall set left much to be desired. O the fall of pop singers...one of my guilty pleasures that needs to be indulged sometimes!

As RF came on I noticed how completely packed the Garden was and the level of energy that this trio brought with them the moment they began playing. Although my lack of familiarity with their music was evident, I enjoyed the set alot. The show was beautiful, fun, and left someone who would never have considered going, wanting to go again.


Although I still may not go out and buy the album or watch CMT as my channel of choice, you bet I would be up to seeing the Flatts again!

No comments: